WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
WinRAR 5.91 Compression Utility Software for Windows PC / Laptop
It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
Changelog WinRAR 5.91:
- Dialogs are centered inside of the WinRAR window similarly to WinRAR 5.80 and not inside of entire screen as in WinRAR 5.90.
- When editing an archived file with external software, extra measures are taken to reduce the probability of interfering with the editor and opening its temporary files while the editor still may need them.
- “Version to extract” field in archive properties opened from the Windows Explorer context menu provides additional information about ZIP compression and encryption algorithms, such as LZMA or AES. This information was already available in WinRAR “Info” command but missed in archive information accessible from Windows Explorer.
- “MS-DOS” and “Unix” host OS types are recognized and included for LZH archives in the “Info” command. Previously the host OS field was always “Unknown” for the LZH archive format.
- Files created by external editor and matching “Settings/Viewer/ Ignore modifications for” masks are never added to the archive. Previously WinRAR still added them if some file not matching these masks was also created or modified.
- empty file names were displayed inside of some Unix LZH archives;
- WinRAR could not process more than 999 7z volumes in a single set;
- if the user canceled the user account control prompt after changing “Integrate WinRAR into shell” option, a new state of this option was displayed in “Settings” dialog, even though the actual state of shell integration was not modified;
- the main window size could be too small on the first run after a clean install with no previous WinRAR version present;
- WinRAR could stop responding after editing an archived file with external software in Windows 10 version 2004.
Download: WinRAR 5.91 32-bit | 2.9 MB (Shareware)
Download: WinRAR 5.91 64-bit | 3.1 MB